GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS & PRIVACY NOTICES
We need to hold personal information about your child on our computer system and in paper records to help us with their educational needs. Your Headteacher is responsible for their accuracy and safe-keeping. Please help to keep your child’s records up to date by informing us of any change of circumstances.
School staff have access to your child’s records to enable them to do their jobs. From time to time information may be shared with others involved in your child’s care, if it is necessary. Anyone with access to your child’s records is properly trained in confidentiality issues and is governed by a legal duty to keep their details secure, accurate and up to date.
All information about your child is held securely and appropriate safeguards are in place to prevent accidental loss.
In some circumstances we may be required by law to release your child’s details to statutory or other official bodies, for example if a court order is presented, or in the case of public educational issues. In other circumstances you may be required to give written consent before information is released as such as the educational reports for insurance, solicitors etc.
To ensure your child’s privacy, we will not disclose information over the telephone unless we are sure that we are talking to you as the parent/carer. Information will not be disclosed to family and friends unless we have prior written consent and we do not leave messages with others.
You have a right to see your child’s records if you wish. Please ask at the school office if you would like further details. An appointment will be required. There is usually no fee payable.
For the full privacy notices, please see the documents below.
Third Party and Supplier List- Data Sharing
We do not share information about pupils or staff with any third party without consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
Some suppliers are for staff only, some are for pupils only, some are for both staff and pupils.
Where it is legally required, or necessary (and it complies with data protection law) we may share personal information about persons with:
- Abacus (maths resource)
- Apple (School ICT hardware)
- Charanga (teaching resource)
- Church, charities and voluntary organisations
- Cool Milk
- Creative Corner (website provider)
- Danial Weitz Music tuition
- Developing Experts (Science teaching resource)
- Doodle maths and English (teaching resource)
- DPE (Data Protection Service)
- Eden Red (National Free School Meal voucher scheme)
- Educator Solutions
- Educators and examining bodies
- Espresso (teaching resource)
- Evolve (educational visits)
- Financial organisations (such as Barclays Bank & Payroll services provided by the local authority)
- Fisher Family Trust)
- Governor Hub (school governors only)
- Health and social welfare organisations
- Health authorities
- ICT Solutions (The local authority IT provider)
- JC Comtech (ICT technicians Neatishead)
- Jolly Phonics (teaching resource)
- LA finance department
- LA Human Resources department
- La Jolie Ronde French tuition
- Microsoft (office 365 accounts)
- National Pupil Database
- NCA tools
- NELI (reception speaking and listening assessment & intervention)
- NFER (reception baseline)
- Norfolk Music Service Music tuition
- Norse (catering)
- Norse (cleaning)
- Operation Encompass (Information sharing around domestic incidents in homes)
- OSHENS (accident reporting and monitoring)
- Our auditors
- P Ward Sports
- Parenta (Salhouse)
- PE Passport (PE Assessment Tool)
- Perspective Lite (a secure communication tool between schools and Local authority)
- Police forces, courts, tribunals
- Power maths (maths resource)
- Premier Sports
- Primary Gateway Assessment
- Professional advisers and/or consultants
- Professional bodies
- Provision Map (SEND software)
- Public Health England
- Pupil Asset
- Purple Mash (teaching resource)
- Rising Stars (assessment company)
- Sarah Wright Music tuition
- School photographer
- Security organisations (specific Key holder information)
- St Nicholas Priory (ICT technicians Fleggburgh)
- Survey and research organisations
- The Key (for school Leaders)
- The pupil’s family and representatives
- Twinkl (learning resource)
- United Sports
- White Rose (maths resource)
We stage numerous school events and know some parents, carers, family and friends like to take photographs, videos or other visual recordings of the school productions and events.
We have photo guidelines in place with regards to taking and use of images. Please refer to these guidelines which can be found below.
At our school we are happy for parents and carers to take photographs and videos at school events for personal use only. These are not to be posted on any social media.
Parents, carers, family and friends of the children are not permitted to take photographs or to make videos or other visual recordings for anything other than their own personal and household use.
To ensure we protect all members of the school community when parents, carers, family and friends attend events and performances within the school, they should make every effort to adhere to our Photography Standards:
- Make efforts to only show pupils and the school in a positive light
- Do not take any photographs of pupils in inappropriate or embarrassing situations
- Do not take any photographs of pupils in inappropriate states of dress
- Do not take photographs of accidents or injuries
- Focus on the activity, not the child
- Do not take photographs of any person with a “do not photo” instruction
- Photographs must not be shared on social media where they can be accessed by the general public
Not all parents want images of their children to be accessible and shared online. This may be for personal or religious reasons. As a school, we respect the rights of children and their families to have privacy, and we hope that you will support us in doing so.
If it comes to the attention of the school that images and videos have been posted on social media, we may need to consider a ban on video recordings and photographic images being taken at such events in the future.