Our School’s Vision and values
“Soar on wings”
We aim for our school communities to be happy and safe where everyone shares a love of learning. To support this aim we take strength and direction from Isaiah 40 :31
“They will soar on wings like eagles;
They will run and not grow weary,
They will walk and not be faint.”
Our Christian values of Responsibility, Respect, Courage, Compassion, Perseverance and Trust underpin all we say and do, so that in God’s Grace we can lay a solid foundation from where our children can, “soar on wings”, having the strength to overcome challenges and to build for themselves full and purposeful lives.
To lay that solid foundation we will commit to:
- Ensuring we know the needs of all our children and providing inspirational teaching and empowering learning opportunities to meet their needs,
- Investing in and celebrating the uniqueness of each individual in our school community,
- Fostering and understanding that knowledge, wisdom and skills are achieved through hard work and perseverance,
- Demonstrating empathy, compassion and forgiveness so that we all have the courage to take risks and learn from our mistakes,
- Growing global citizens who value others and cherish themselves.
'I recognise that modern day life is challenging for our children and particularly challenging for our most vulnerable children. I want the adults, learning alongside the children, to encourage the children to develop strong voices so that they can build and value their dreams and ambitions. Living in a rural area, attending a small school and enjoying the safety of a close community has its many benefits but it can make it harder for children to realise their dreams and ambitions. With hope, strength, courage and trust in God, they can aspire to great things. They can 'soar on wings'.
Julie Church, Executive Headteacher